Vegan Gingerbread Latte
Run, run, run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me because I’m all caffed up on this delicious vegan gingerbread latte! Usually I try to keep the sugar low, butthis makes for a special treat during the cold holiday months or anytime you just need a bit of cheer.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite nondairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1-2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder (if you have an espresso maker, use 1 to 2 shots of espresso per latte instead of instant powder + water)
- 4 Tbsp. very hot water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cream for topping
- Dash of nutmeg
Whisk together the unsweetened almond milk, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and coconutsugar in a small saucepan. Be sure to consistently stir over medium heat untilit’s very hot but not yet boiling.
If you are using instant espresso powder, combine the espresso powder with water. For a small mug, the ratio would be 1 Tbsp. espresso powder to 2 Tbsp. of water. If you’re using an espresso machine, it’s recommended that you use 2 shots ofespresso.
Next, pour your espresso into your mug and then strain the hot almond milk mixture over the espresso. Then stir well.
If you like, you can top the latte with whipped non-dairy cream and sprinkle withnutmeg or cinnamon.