Laura Clery’s Half-Assed Guacamole and Toast Recipe
You’ve heard of avocado toast. In fact, you’ve had so much avocado toast, you might be getting sick of it. (Can a person even get tired of avocado toast?) If you’re looking to spice up your avocado toast game, but aren’t ready to let go of that beautiful green-colored shmear on your warm bread, guacamole and toast may be the answer. You still get a helping of your beloved avocado, plus the bold flavor is a real game-changer.
Now, if you know me, you already know I don’t always have the ingredients I *technically* need for a recipe. But luckily for us, the kitchen is a good place to improvise and experiment. We didn’t have a lime, but I like things lemony, so that was an easy solution. I like a lot of onion but if that’s not your thing, only use half. Not in the mood for something spicy? Skip the cayenne pepper. No avocados? Well, you probably need those, sorry.
Here is our take on (half-assed) guacamole and toast!
Laura Clery's Half-Assed Guacamole and Toast
- 3 avocados (the riper the better)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2-4 slices of your favorite bread, toasted (we use Alvarado Sprouted Whole Wheat, which has no sugar!)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Mash your avocadoes with a fork to desired consistency in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in diced onion, garlic, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Spread the guac on toast, and voila!
Recipe by: Laura Clery