Laura Clery’s 3-Minute Meals: The Nutty Salad Edition
You may or may not know this about me, but I’m a slut for a good salad. Especially one with a lot of nuts. And this salad happens to be one of my favorite go-to’s.
It has a great texture, a lot of crunch, and is full of plant-based protein. This salad takes about five minutes to whip up and is totally customizable. Want a little less kale and a little more mixed greens? Go for it. More onion and less tomato? You do you, baby.
If you’re on the hunt for a quick and easy meal, look no further: I got ya covered.
The Nutty Salad
- 5 oz. kale
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1/2-1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 oz. cashew cheese, chopped
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 handful pistachios
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup plus a drizzle olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. red cider vinegar
- 8 oz. tempeh
- Nutritional yeast to taste
- Soy sauce to taste
- 1 dash sea salt
- Mix the baby kale in with the mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and add in tempeh. Drizzle a little soy sauce on top. Cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the tempeh is cooking, add onion, tomatoes, almonds, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, avocado, and cashew cheese into your salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, add Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and a dash of sea salt. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the tempeh and dressing into the salad bowl.
- Mix with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Recipe by: Laura Clery